Certified DDI Facilitator. • Virtual Training Options Available Lisa Fisher & Associates provides speaking topics and employee training workshops in Lansing, Michigan, and throughout Michigan and the United States. Any of these workshops can be scaled to fit your schedule, including breakout sessions, lunch and learns, and more. Don’t hesitate to ask, contact us today!
Training for Leadership & Managers
You are in your office looking over your performance report and it happened again. Your low performing employee failed to meet quota this month even after you spoke with them about the importance of meeting goals. This employee has a great attitude and you know they can do better. You just do not know how to motivate them to reach the goal. Money used to work, but that has worn off. You are baffled and you know being frustrated makes matters worse. What do you do? The Coaching And Mentoring focuses on how to better coach your employees to higher performance. Coaching is a process of relationship building and setting goals. How well you coach is related directly to how well you are able to foster a great working relationship with your employees through understanding them and strategic goal setting.
- Define coaching, mentoring and the GROW model.
- Identify and set appropriate goals using the SMART technique of goal setting.
- Identify the steps necessary in defining the current state or reality of your employee’s situation.
- Identify the steps in developing a finalized plan or wrapping it up and getting your employee motivated to accomplish those plans.
- Identify the benefits of building and fostering trust with your employee.
- Identify the steps in giving effective feedback while maintaining trust.
- Identify and overcoming common obstacles.
- Identify when the coaching is at an end and transitioning your employee to other growth opportunities.
- Identify the difference between mentoring and coaching.
For the better part of every day, we are communicating to and with others. Whether it’s the speech you deliver in the boardroom, the level of attention you give your spouse when they are talking to you, or the look you give the cat, it all means something. The Communication Strategies workshop will help participants understand the different methods of communication and how to make the most of each of them. These strategies will provide a great benefit for any organization and its employees. They will trickle down throughout the organization and positively impact everyone involved.
- Understand what communication is
- Identify ways that communication can happen
- Identify barriers to communication and how to overcome them
- Develop their non-verbal and paraverbal communication skills
- Use the STAR method to speak on the spot
- Listen actively and effectively
- Ask good questions
- Use appreciative inquiry as a communication tool
- Adeptly converse and network with others
- Identify and mitigate precipitating factors
- Establish common ground with others
- Use “I” messages
Tips and best practices for helping staff feel valued in the workplace
The value of providing feedback
Communicating in a way that sparks engagement
In the past few decades, psychologists and business people alike have discovered that successful problem solvers tend to use the same type of process to identify and implement the solutions to their problems. This process works for any kind of problem, large or small. The Creative Problem Solving workshop will give participants an overview of the entire creative problem solving process, as well as key problem solving tools that they can use every day. Skills such as brainstorming, information gathering, analyzing data, and identifying resources will be covered throughout the workshop.
- Understand problems and the creative problem solving process
- Identify types of information to gather and key questions to ask in problem solving
- Identify the importance of defining a problem correctly
- Identify and use four different problem definition tools
- Write concrete problem statements
- Use basic brainstorming tools to generate ideas for solutions
- Evaluate potential solutions against criteria, including cost/benefit analysis and group voting
- Perform a final analysis to select a solution
- Understand the roles that fact and intuition play in selecting a solution
- Understand the need to refine the shortlist and redefine it
- Understand how to identify the tasks and resources necessary to implement solutions
- Evaluate and adapt solutions to reality
Performance Management is making sure the employee and the organization are focused on the same priorities. It touches on the organization itself by improving production and reducing waste. It helps the employee or individual set and meet their goals and improves the employee manager relationship. The key in keeping an organization and employees aligned, which improves performance and productivity, is Performance Management. When changes occur Performance Management helps the transition to be smoother and less hectic. It helps the organization and employees have a streamlined relationship which improves communication and interactions between the two groups. It will help close any gaps that exist in an employee’s skill-set and make them a more valuable employee through feedback and coaching.
- Define performance management.
- Understand how performance management works and the tools to make it work.
- Learn the three phases of project management and how to assess it.
- Discuss effective goal-setting.
- Learn how to give feedback on performance management.
- Identify Kolb’s Learning Cycle.
- Recognize the importance of motivation.
- Develop a performance journal and performance plan.
Personal & Professional Growth & Development
Everyone has dreams and goals. Achieving personal and professional goals, however, requires planning and action. Learning how to manage time and set realistic goals will increase your chance of success in every area of your life. Following the advice in this course will help increase your productivity and help you achieve your dreams.
Identify what your 5-10 year vision is
Craft SMART Goals that are in alignment with your 5-10 year vision
Brain dump!! What are all the things you could do? Let’s Map it out!
Create your current year’s strategy
Do you wish you had more time each day? This workshop shows how to protect time by setting priorities that are oriented to your goals. Learn to clarify priorities, create an efficient environment, and use time-honored planning and organizational tools to maximize personal productivity. Taking control of your calendar and learning to say no can be the difference between living each day as a to-do list or enjoying a full, rewarding life. Through this workshop, participants learn how to eliminate time vampires – those people and tasks that suck minutes, hours, and days from the calendar. You will take ownership of your time to lead a more productive life.
- Identify YOUR priorities
- Identify distractions and the cost of those distractions
- Tips for minimizing or removing your distractions
- Create a calendar around your most important activities
- Best practices for saying no (or not yet) to the things that are not in alignment with your priorities
- Take back time from e-mail and handheld devices
- Beat procrastination
This training starts with recognizing we are living in times where others, or we ourselves, are putting a lot of demands on our time. Understanding how overwhelming and draining this can be is key to protecting what is most important to you. In this training, you will learn the value of putting yourself first. As a group, we will learn to refuel our tanks so we do not run out of gas before we hit the finish line!
- Overcome the disease to please
- Manage time effectively
- Prioritize your important tasks
- Create a plan for prioritizing YOU!
Training for Employees
Customer service is a necessary position in the job world today. It helps companies give customers what they want and what they need. Although many customers can be difficult, with the right training, skills, and knowledge, any difficult customer can be handled properly and effectively. With a positive attitude, your employee can effectively deal with the most difficult customers and both parties can end the conversation satisfied. With The Handing A Challenging Customer workshop, your participants will learn how engaging customers properly can benefit both the employee and customer. Effective customer service can change a company’s reputation for the better. Through this workshop, your participants will gain a new perspective on how to react to negative customers and leave the customer satisfied and as a returning customer.
- Cultivate a positive attitude
- Manage internal and external stress
- Develop abilities to listen actively and empathize
- Build a rapport with customers in person and over the phone
- Understand the diverse challenges posed by customers
- Develop strategies to adapt to challenging circumstances
Emotional intelligence describes the ability to understand one’s own feelings, and that of groups, and how these emotions can influence motivation and behavior. The concepts of Emotional Intelligence have been around since at least the 1900’s, but the term was first introduced by Wayne Payne in 1985. As a result of the growing acknowledgement by professionals of the importance and relevance of emotions to work outcomes, the research on the topic continued to gain momentum, but it wasn’t until the publication of Daniel Goleman’s best seller Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ that the term became widely accepted by mainstream media.
- Define and practice self-management, self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation, and empathy.
- Understand, use and manage your emotions.
- Verbally communicate with others.
- Successfully communicate with others in a non-verbal manner.
- Identify the benefits of emotional intelligence.
- Relate emotional intelligence to the workplace.
- Balance optimism and pessimism.
- Effectively impact others.
The Delivering Exceptional Service Training will look at all types of customers and how we can serve them better and improve ourselves in the process. Your participants will be provided a strong skillset including in-person and over-the-phone techniques, dealing with difficult customers, and generating return business.
- State what customer service means in relation to all your customers, both internal and external
- Recognize how your attitude affects customer service
- Identify your customers’ needs
- Use outstanding customer service to generate return business
- Build goodwill through in-person customer service
- Provide outstanding customer service over the phone
- Connect with customers through online tools
- Deal with difficult customers
As we grow, we learn to become leaders. Being a leader is natural for some, and challenging for others. No matter how we have become a leader, it is important to remember we must lead ourselves before we lead others. Take the time to motivate yourself and realize that you can do it. With our “Self-Leadership” workshop, your participants will discover the specifics of how to be a better leaders for themselves and for others. Your participants will be able to guide themselves in positive ways, which equals success!
- Understand what self-leadership is
- Motivate yourself
- Set goals
- Reward yourself when positive things happen
- Think positively
High-Performance Teams are organizations, teams or groups working inside an office environment that is focused on achieving the same goals. With our High-Performance Teams workshop, your participants will begin to see how important it is to develop a core set of high-performance skills while working in an office locale. By knowing and managing the way people interact in an office setting, you will be positioning your high-performance teams for great success!
- Understand the benefits of high-performance teams
- Address challenges
- Conduct effective meetings
- Be able to see the big picture
- Work collaboratively
- Adequately praise team members
These concepts & skills can truly change the way you do business and manage your time. If a workshop is good, it will leave you inspired. If it is great, it is a catalyst for valuable change & transformation in any person or organization.
These workshops are GREAT!
Professionals who have attended Lisa’s workshops describe them as:
“More than a training event.”
Every Lisa Fisher training I have attended has inspired positive change, personally and professionally. While working with many trainers and speakers I have recognized that when a group is led by a trainer with authentic passion, true, lasting change can occur.
I was fortunate to attend a seminar today by Coach Lisa Fisher, Speaker and Trainer and the takeaway was Incredible!!
When Lisa Fisher presents, you cannot help but walk away with an armful of Ah-Hahs and a quiver full of brilliant tactics for conquering key facets of your business and personal life. Her talks pull you in and engage you and the content she delivers is world-class, so you’d better listen up and take notes; You’ll end up speaking the wisdom you’ve gleaned from her into your employees, friends, children, and grandchildren.
She’s crazy talented! She has this ability to make you visualize your purpose and how you want to communicate that with the world.
Lisa is an excellent business coach and cheerleader. I first met her in a Dale Carnegie Course, we took together and she has been helping me work on my business for the past two years. Lisa helped me map out my vision for my Marketing company to grow from freelance work to hiring my own employees.
#1 Mind blowing discovery: Multitasking is a LIE! Something I thought I was great at. Something we ALL put on our resumes. And from the words of Steve Uzell, “Multitasking is merely the opportunity to screw up more than one thing at a time.” (Confused? Read the book or visit her site to see why.)
Lisa was wonderful. I will attend every training she puts on. She makes me feel motivated and encouraged and that is part of my purpose statement, to motivate and encourage. Thank you for the inspiration to keep pushing to my goals.
I just want to say ‘Thank you!’ for a wonderful Athena class. Honest to goodness, that was the best zoom call I have been on in a year. I loved the interaction, the printouts, breakout room, you really did a fantastic presentation! I took away so much and wrote down so many notes. I truly appreciated all the information you gave.
That was an awesome event. I learned interesting stuff and I plan to make my to do list over… to a Success List! Gotta get to work. Thank you for providing an excellent program.
Lisa is phenomenal to work with. I’ve had the opportunity to work with her in several different capacities and her passion and dedication to leadership always shines through. She has an undeniable energy that brings the best out of people.